BEMATON 3060 is polycarboxylate ether based, high water reduction, latest generation super plasticizing (increasing concrete plastic properties) concrete admixture, which provides high resistance and strength, and is improved for concrete industry. The product conforms to the requirements of the AZS 221-2006 (TS EN 934-2) standard, Tables 3.1 and 3.2: “High water reduction, latest generation super plasticizing (increasing concrete plastic properties) concrete admixture”, and ASTM C 494 Type F standard: “high water reducing, last generation super plasticizing concrete additive” standards.
Fields of Application
This concrete admixture can be applied in the following areas:
- Production of self-flow and self-compacting concrete;
- Production of Rheodynamic self-compacting concrete providing easy and free flow in reinforcement structures;
- Production of concrete which achieves high resistance within 18-24-hour and 28-day periods;
- Production of pre-cast and prefabricated concrete.
- Increases early and ultimate strength of the laid concrete, provides ultimate tension, high adhesion to steel, as well as impermeability and hardness compared to the conventional super plasticizers (Naphthalene sulfonate based materials – NSM and Melamine sulfonate based materials – MSM);
- Improves resistance of concrete to liming and chlorine ions, aggressive chemical substances, improves such mechanical characteristics of cooled concrete, as compression and tension;
- Production of Rheoplastic concrete of low disintegration (separation) risk and risk of spalling, improved operating parameters at low water/cement ratios compared to concrete without the admixtures;
- Provides production of high early strength concrete at low temperatures;
- Reduces to minimum the period of formworks disassembly;
- Increases deformation strength of concrete reducing separation and sweating effects;
- Reduces the time of resin based surface plastering systems application onto the freshly laid concrete surfaces due to low water/cement ratio of the concrete mixture, its high early strength and low sweating features;
- Increases resistance of concrete to freezing and melting;
- Reduces the hardening period and temperature when producing pre-cast concrete;
- Any and all grades of cement may be used in similar manner;
- Shows low sensitivity to application onto different materials;
- Does not contain chlorine.
Preparation of the mixture. Mix the mineral adhesive substances (cement, quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) with concrete filler till the mixture is entirely homogeneous. Add 50-70% of the required water amount and then add the BEMATON 3060 product together with remained amount of water to the mixture. To provide homogeneous composition of BEMATON 3060 mixture mix it vigorously during 60 seconds or during time period predefined by the laboratory test results.
Chemical mechanism of latest generation plasticizers action. During the very initial stages of concrete mixing the surfaces of cement particles are covered with conventional melamine and naphthalene sulfonate based super plasticizing polymers. Sulfated groups of polymer chains increase negative loading of cement particles, and these particles are repelled by electrostatic force. This electrostatic mechanism results in disintegration of cement paste, and enhances usage and preparation of the concrete with smaller amount of water added. Simultaneously the hydration process starts. The fast-growing hydration crystals change the surface mechanism of the particles, therefore preventing free disintegration of the particle surfaces.
The difference between the BEMATON 3060 product and conventional super plasticizers (NSM or MSM) is in this new unique mechanism of influence increasing which improves performance of the cement fraction.
The BEMATON 3060 consists of long-chain carboxylate ether polymers. At the beginning of mixing process the electrostatic repelling mechanism starts similar to that of conventional super plasticizers. This process results in producing the plasticized concrete (with better plastic properties) due to significant reduction of the water demand. However the polymer bound chains stabilize disintegration and repellence properties of cement particles and create a sterile barrier. Due to this feature the smaller amount of water provides the higher plasticity (flow properties).
Compatibility to other admixtures. BEMATON 3060 may be used together with the following materials:
- All grades of cement;
- Self-flow mineral adhesives (quartz sand, volcanic cinders and slag) if required in the cement production process;
- To increase resistance to freezing and melting, it may be used together with the AntiAir 250 air entraining admixture;
- To prevent water vaporization from mixtures in the concrete composition, and to increase the concrete strength in hot climate conditions and in the areas of high air velocity the product may be used together with corresponding moisture-retaining products, like MA Kur 100, MA Kur 200 and MA Kur 300;
- The product cannot be used together with FLOTON series (based on NSM) admixtures.
Composition of product
polycarboxylate ether based
Chlorine concentration in the composition (EN 480-10)
Alkalies concentration in the composition (EN 480-12)
10 kg cans, 200 kg casks,
1000 kg barrels,
Special transport containers
It is recommended to add the product in the proportion of 0.7-0.9% of the cement amount. Depending on the concrete type and characteristics, the particular amount of the admixture should be defined during preliminary laboratory tests.
Shelf Life and Storage Method
BEMATON 3060 may be stored in original packing in the areas with ambient temperatures equal to or above +50C. The product stored unsuitable conditions and exposed to freezing temperatures should be melted at room temperature without adding water to it, then should be mixed using mechanical methods till it gets entirely homogeneous. During mixing compressed air should not be used.
Under required storage conditions, the product may be stored during 12 months from the manufacturing date. The product in open containers may be used during entire storage period provided the cap is kept closed.
- when using the product observe regulations of operational and personnel safety, wear appropriate protective clothing, safety gloves, glasses, and respirators;
- taking into consideration that the product can cause allergic reactions and itch, take care to avoid contact of its components with skin or eyes, otherwise immediately rinse them with large amount of water and wash with soap;
- in case you swallow the product, immediately consult a physician;
- do not keep food in the areas of the product application;
- keep the product away from children;
- do not use the product together with FLOTON series admixtures (based on NSM);
- mix the fine or coarse concrete fillers with mineral adhesives as defined upon the results of laboratory tests (cement, quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) till the mixture gets completely homogeneous. In case the admixture is added to the dry mix without water, it will be absorbed by the mixture and will result in forming irregularity when prepared and applied. Even if you add water afterwards to such improper mixture, the required type and characteristics of the concrete will not be achieved. In case the water is added to the mixture in larger amounts than required this will unbalance the required design factors of the concrete, and mechanical features of the concrete will be deteriorated. Taking into consideration the mentioned above, the concrete admixtures should not be added directly into dry mixture without water;
- in case the BEMATON 3060 concrete admixture is used at ambient temperatures below +150C, it will be necessary to adjust the amount of cement with regard to other required conditions (temperature and time period);
- in case the BEMATON 3060 product is mixed with admixtures of other categories, the resulting quality will be poorer. On this reason this admixture should be handled with clean tools and devices only
Warranty and technical support
- information indicated in technical specifications is based on scientific and experimental data;
- Matanat А company is responsible for the product quality only;
- with the exception of cases of works executed under the supervision of the company specialists, Мatanat А company shall not be liable for any problems occuring due to improper use of the product by other persons;
- the company reserves the right to make changes in its product in consequence of scientific-and-technical development;
- for technical support and/or more information please do not hesitate to contact the Matanat А company!