OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ is polynaphthalene sulfonate and nitrate salt based, standard plasticizing (improves concrete flow properties) concrete admixture which accelerates concrete hardening by means of acceleration of chemical reaction between water and cement especially during initial hardening, and provides increase of early strength. The product is suitable for cold weather conditions. The product conforms to the requirements of the AZS 221-2006 (TS EN 934-2) standard, Table 6: “Accelerating hardening, plasticizing (improves concrete flow properties) concrete admixture”, and ASTM C 494 Type C standard: “Accelerating hardening concrete admixture”.
Fields of Application
This concrete admixture can be applied in the following areas:
- Production of concrete designed for application with or without pumps;
- Pouring of concrete when high early strength and protection from freezing in cold weather conditions is required;
- Production of prefabricated and pre-cast concrete;
- Production of all grades of concrete, reinforced or non-reinforced, for low or standard loads.
- Reduces initial and final hardening periods compared to admixture-free concrete;
- Provides early strength and protection from freezing, especially in cold weather conditions;
- Does not contain chlorine.
Preparation of surface. Mix the mineral adhesives (cement, quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) with concrete filler until the mixture is entirely homogeneous. After 50-70% of the total required amount of water is added, start to add the OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ product together with the remained amount of water to the mixture. To provide homogeneous composition of OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ mixture, mix it vigorously during 60 seconds or during the time predefined based on the laboratory test results.
Chemical admixtures reaction principle. The OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ reacts with cement. When the OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ admixture is added to the mixture it is absorbed by the cement particles. The OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ accelerates chemical reaction between cement and water during initial hardening, and increases hydration temperature. As the result the concrete hardening accelerates, and early strength increases.
Compatibility to other admixtures. OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ may be used together with the following materials:
- All grades of cement;
- Quartz sand, volcanic cinders and slag, when application of large amounts of adhesive substances is required;
- Admixtures of OKETON and FLOTONseries;
- To increase resistance to freezing and melting temperatures, it may be used together with the AntiAir 250 air entraining additive;
- To prevent formation of cracks resulting from plastic compression, it can be used together with synthetic and steel fibers;
- To prevent water vaporization from mixtures in the concrete composition, and to increase the concrete strength in the areas of hot climate and high air velocity the product may be used together with corresponding moisture-retaining products, like MA Kur 100, MA Kur 200 and MA Kur 300;
Composition of product
Polynaphthalene sulfonate and nitrate based
Chlorine concentration in the composition (EN 480-10)
Alkalies concentration in the composition (EN 480-12)
10 kg cans,
200 kg casks,
1000 kg barrels,
Special transport containers
The parameters have been received at the +200C temperature and 50% humidity.
In case acceleration of hardening is required, according to requirements of the TS EN 934-2 standard it is recommended to add the OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ product in proportion of 2.5-5.0% of the cement amount. Depending on the concrete type and characteristics, the actual amount of admixture should be defined based on preliminary laboratory tests.
Shelf Life and Storage Method
OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ can be stored in original packing in the areas with ambient temperature equal to or above +50C. The product stored in unsuitable conditions and exposed to freezing temperatures should be melted at room temperature without adding water, then it should be mixed using mechanical methods till it is entirely homogeneous. When mixing compressed air should not be used.
Under the required storage conditions, the product can be stored during 12 months from the manufacturing date. The product in open containers should be used within the storage period provided the cap is kept closed.
- when using the product observe regulations of operational and personnel safety, wear appropriate protective clothing, safety gloves, glasses, and respirators;
- taking into consideration that the product can cause allergic reactions and itch, take care to avoid contact of its components with skin or eyes, otherwise immediately rinse them with large amount of water and wash with soap;
- in case you swallow the product, immediately consult a physician;
- do not keep food in the areas of the product application;
- keep the product away from children;
- mix the fine or coarse concrete fillers with mineral adhesives according to the results of laboratory tests (cement, quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) till the mixture is completely homogeneous. In case the admixture is added to the dry mixture without water, it will be absorbed by the mixture and will result in forming irregularities when applied. Even if you add water afterwards to such improper mixture, the required type and characteristics of concrete will not be achieved. In case the water is added to the mixture in larger amounts than required this will unbalance the required design factors of the concrete, and mechanical features of concrete will be deteriorated. Taking into consideration the mentioned above, the concrete admixtures should not be added directly into dry mixture without water;
- amount of admixture in the mixture composition is calculated as the sum of weights of cement and adhesives (quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) multiplied by the coefficient equal to 0.8-1.4% of the cement amount;
- in case the amount of the product added exceeds the recommended value, the mixture hardening period may increase. In these cases it is necessary to provide the required longer curing time for concrete hardening in the reinforcement structures.
- do not use the OKETON 1250 ANTIFRIZ product together with BEMATON series admixtures;
- in case the concrete temperature is below +50C, the cement hydration stops, and at temperatures below 00C the water in the concrete mixture starts to freeze. Frozen water increases the concrete volume by approximately 10%. As the result the following events occur:
- the value of adhesive force between cement and concrete fillers drops;
- the concrete strength is lost;
- cracks and surface cavities are formed in the concrete;
- in case of production of concretes in cold weather conditions the following parameters should be taken into consideration:
- materials used in the concrete production (cement, adhesives, concrete fillers, and water) should be stored at suitable ambient temperatures and should be protected from freezing temperatures;
- suitable grade of cement should be used;
- proper amount of applied cement should be determined (350-400 kg/m3);
- the concrete should be protected from freezing by any hardening accelerating admixture, and the reduced amount of water in the mixture should be provided, thus providing the required application quality by any suitable plasticizing admixture;
- due to stop of hydration at the temperatures below +50C, the required strength and resistance of the concrete (5 MPa in average) during hardening should be provided by corresponding hardening methods;
- in cold weather special attention should be paid to the concrete pouring procedure, there should be no snow or ice in the formwork;
to increase the concrete temperature by 10C, it is required to increase the concrete filler temperature by 20C, the temperature of water in the concrete mixture - by 40C, and the cement temperature - by 80C
Warranty and technical support
- information indicated in technical specifications is based on scientific and experimental data;
- Matanat А company is responsible for the product quality only;
- with the exception of cases of works executed under the supervision of the company specialists, Мatanat А company shall not be liable for any problems occuring due to improper use of the product by other persons;
- the company reserves the right to make changes in its product in consequence of scientific-and-technical development;
- for technical support and or more information please do not hesitate to contact the Matanat А company!