AntiAir 250 is an alcohol oils and ammonia salt based, air entraining concrete admixture, designed to form stable micro air bubbles to entrain air inside concrete at optimal intervals and under control, and to increase strength of concrete during freezing and melting periods.
Conformance code: 04.613/1-G. The product conforms to the requirements of the AZS 221-2006 (TS EN 934-2) standard, Table 5: “Air entraining concrete admixture”.
Fields of Application
This concrete admixture can be applied in the following areas:
- Production of concrete resistant to freezing and melting temperatures;
- Production of concrete designed for application with or without pump;
- Production of coarse granular concrete applied with pumps;
- Production of all grades of concrete, reinforced or non-reinforced, for low or standard loads;
- Production of road construction concrete;
- Serial production of concrete.
- Increases the strength of concrete during freezing and melting due to the improved optimal air entraining features (according to TS EN 206-1 HF2 -HF4 4 % air entrained);
- Provides the air bubble system with optimal intervals in hardened concrete;
- Provides high strength due to low water/cement ratios, and low soakage of water compared to additive-free concrete;
- Reduces disintegration and separation in fresh concrete;
- Increases the concrete application quality and plasticity compared to admixture-free concrete;
- When different types of adhesives of low thickness are used (all cement grades, volcanic cinders, slag, quartz sand) it provides air entraining features in fine grained high temperature concretes;
- Does not contain chlorine.
Preparation of the mixture. When using AntiAir 250 admixture only, mix the mineral adhesives (cement, quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) with concrete fillers till the mixture is entirely homogeneous. After 50-70% of the total required amount of water is added, start to add the AntiAir 250 product together with the remained amount of water to the mixture. Use electronic balance with ±3% accuracy. In case of frequent use of AntiAir 250 the amount and temperature of the concrete, as well as mixer type, capacity and period of mixing should be kept constant for each mixing. Alteration of these parameters results in change of entrained air volume. To provide required air entraining property the mixing period should be defined preliminary; the data obtained in laboratory tests and during factory concrete production may differ. If necessary, determination of air entraining capacity may be checked again when mixing.
Chemical admixtures reaction principle. The admixtures react mainly with adhesives. When the admixture is added to the concrete it is absorbed by the adhesive particles. The adhesive particles are repelled from each other under the effect of electrostatic force. Thus, the smaller amounts of water provide the required application conditions. The concrete mechanical strength increases proportionally to the reduction of water content in the mixture.
Compatibility to other admixtures. AntiAir 250 may be used together with the following materials:
- All grades of cement;
- Quartz sand, volcanic cinders and slag, when application of large amounts of adhesive substances is required;
- to produce high strength concrete and/or to adjust reduced strength by means of micro air bubbles, the product may be used together with BEMATON, FLOTON and OKETONseries concrete admixtures;
- To prevent formation of cracks resulting from plastic compression, it may be used together with synthetic and steel fibers;
- To prevent water vaporization from mixtures in the concrete composition, and to increase the concrete strength in the areas of hot climate and high air velocity the product may be used together with corresponding moisture-retaining products, like MA Kur 100, MA Kur 200 and MA Kur 300;
Composition of product
alcohol oil and ammonia salt based
Chlorine concentration in the composition (EN 480-10)
Alkalies concentration in the composition (EN 480-12)
10 kg cans,
200 kg casks,
1000 kg barrels,
Special transport containers
The parameters have been received at the +200C temperature and 50% humidity.
It is recommended to add the AntiAir 250 product in proportion of 0.09-0.2% of the cement amount. In case it is used together with other plasticizers and in order to obtain the same air entraining capacity, it should be added in smaller amounts compared to individual use of the product. Depending on the concrete type and characteristics, the actual amount of the admixture should be determined based on preliminary laboratory tests.
Shelf Life and Storage Method
AntiAir 250 can be stored in original packing in the areas with ambient temperature equal to or above +50C. The product stored in unsuitable conditions and exposed to freezing temperatures should be melted at room temperature without adding water, then it should be mixed using mechanical methods till it is entirely homogeneous. When mixing compressed air should not be used.
Under the required storage conditions, the product can be stored during 12 months from the manufacturing date. The product in open containers should be used within the storage period provided the cap is kept closed.
- when using the product observe regulations of operational and personnel safety, wear appropriate protective clothing, safety gloves, glasses, and respirators;
- taking into consideration that the product can cause allergic reactions and itch, take care to avoid contact of its components with skin or eyes, otherwise immediately rinse them with large amount of water and wash with soap;
- in case you swallow the product, immediately consult a physician;
- do not keep food in the areas of the product application;
- keep the product away from children;
- mix the fine or coarse concrete fillers with mineral adhesives according to the results of laboratory tests (cement, quartz sand, volcanic cinders, slag) till the mixture is completely homogeneous. In case the admixture is added to the dry mixture without water, it will be absorbed by the mixture and will result in forming irregularities when applied. Even if you add water afterwards to such improper mixture, the required type and characteristics of concrete will not be achieved. In case water is added to the mixture in larger amounts than it is required, this will unbalance the required design factors of the concrete, and mechanical features of concrete will be deteriorated. Taking into consideration the mentioned above, the concrete admixtures should not be added directly into dry mixture without water;
- all possible changes which can affect the amount of the AntiAir 250 product applied should be regularly checked during the working period;
- the actual amount to be applied should be determined on site, depending on the amount of the entrained air;
- tests related to the concrete strength, periods of freezing and melting, and the best protection against negative effects of anti-ice salts should be carried out as follows:
- entrainment of the required amount of air entraining by the hardened concrete;
- required air porosity due to air bubble size and concrete application areas;
- collection of durable materials together in a single point, their correct packing, location, hardening technologies and methods.
- according to the TS EN 206-1 standard the ideal air content should be 4%;
- in case air content exceeds 6%, regardless of the taken measures, the concrete strength may be reduced compared to the required value;
- When mixing compressed air should not be used.
Warranty and technical support
- information indicated in technical specifications is based on scientific and experimental data;
- Matanat А company is responsible for the product quality only;
- with the exception of cases of works executed under the supervision of the company specialists, Мatanat А company shall not be liable for any problems occuring due to improper use of the product by other persons;
- the company reserves the right to make changes in its product in consequence of scientific-and-technical development;
- for technical support and or more information please do not hesitate to contact the Matanat А company!